Well the trip was a great success and we’re all looking forward to next years trip
Here are some photos
some of the photos are portrait – didn’t have the time to turn them all
- 6 Nights in Denia Spain
- 4th-10th March 2018
- half board 3 star hotel
- Guided rides / support car depending on group(s)
- £299 Excl. flights and transfers
- £149 deposit due now
- Flight details to be sorted when numbers confirmed
- For social riders and racing snakes
Book now to secure your place on the Brighton Mitre 2018 Spring training camp, being held in the picturesque beach resort of Denia in Spain from 4th-10th March 2018. Just 30 places are available for the exceptional price of just £299 per person, with a £149 deposit due now and the remaining £150 due by 31/12/2017. This price does NOT include airport transfers or return flights, which can be found with Easyjet for approximately £50-£80. Please do not book flights yet as we will need to decide on a certain flight for us all to take there and back in order to keep the airport transfer deal we have affordable.
The trip is 7 days 6 nights,
here’s what Mountain High are providing us with:
- 6 nights half-board accommodation at the 3-star Denia Port hotel (however we may swap one or two dinners for hotel lunches and dine out).
- Arrival day ‘riders briefing’ to familiarise everyone with the location, riding options, places to see in Denia, how the on-the-road group ride ‘logistics’ will work, etc.
- 2 days of guided riding with a support car. A third day of guided riding led by two support riders (also facilitating ‘split groups’).
- Route planning advice/support for your other rides (including options to split into two groups for participants with different riding appetites or training goals).
- Route mapping (Garmin compatible or paper as required).
- Access to sports massage.
The climate and superb road network in this part of Spain are the main reasons 8-10 Pro Tour teams training in this region every winter. When we are there the pro’s will have begun to start racing around the world but many pro continental level teams will still be seen on the roads.
Mountain High have chosen Denia as a base location in this areas because of all the coastal towns/resorts in this part of Spain it offers the best combination of:
- easy ‘escape’ roads that allow you to exit the town without a lot of time on main roads
- more variety in those exit roads (i.e. you’re not having to ‘hack out’ on the same dull stretch of tarmac every time)
- the town feels more like ‘real Spain‘ than some of its competitors (which tend to have many more high-rise buildings)
- it also provides some ‘pan flat’ exit roads which can be valuable for anyone wanting a pure ‘recovery ride‘
One final important thing to note, this trip will only be run if we secure 12 people. If we fail to secure 20 the price will increase by £25pp. The maximum trip size is 30 for the time being unless we receive exceptional demand.
The dates are also not 100% until deposits are in as the hotel cannot guarantee the booking until then. We are unlikely to lose the provisional booking but just wanted to give you a heads up just in case.
A bit of further information is available on the MountainHigh website, but please direct any questions you may have to email@example.com
Hope you can make it!
Some travel Regulation Stuff
At least one member of the ‘guiding team’ on each ride will have up-to-date Emergency First Responder certification (the internationally recognised standard for first aid training). All of the guides / support staff have lived and ridden in the region for at least five years, Mountain High carry full professional indemnity & public liability insurance through Camberford Law PLC. To provide the necessary protections required by the the EU Package Travel Directive 1992, your deposits/pre-payments are ‘ring fenced’ in an account separate to our main trading bank account. In effect, they don’t ‘get paid’ for our holiday until the trip is complete.