Just because it is cold dark and icy doesn’t mean club rides are not on.
Assuming you have a turbo trainer then Zwift is relatively straight forward.
A “smart” turbo trainer is really what Zwift was designed for, increasing resistance for hills and reducing the load when drafting.
Quite realistic for a virtual world, if that makes any sense.
A free 25KM trial is available
INSTRUCTIONS To Join the club ride ( Thursday 19:25 )
When all set up and on Zwift…
- Go to ‘events’ in the mobile app or by logging in online.
- Scroll down to 1925 BMCC Club ride
- click ‘join’
- it will ask if you want to set a reminder. – err yes
- You may want to warm up for a few minutes
- Then when the time comes, hop on your bike, log in and select ‘ride’ and it will pop up and ask if you want to ride the event you’ve joined.
- You are then placed in a holding pier with everyone else on a virtual turbo until it’s time to go.
- If you are late you can still join. Just make sure you are pedalling fast when it drops you into the bunch or else you will fly right out the back
- Enjoy it
Essentials: Towel, Electric Fan, Drinks, Understanding neighbours
The associated app is quite good
For keyboard warriors:
F1 stick out elbow F3 shout "ride on" and cringe slightly F7 shout "I'm toast" - clearly if you can key F7 your not F8 bike bell (aww) F10 Screen capture - to go on Strava probably Number keys 3 first person shooter view 8 Helicopter view Other keys M Group message ( for messages such as "please wait for me") SpaceBar use the power up thingy ( to go faster)