Brighton Mitre Cycling Club was formed in 1894 and its name was derived from the club’s meeting place: the Mitre Hotel at 65 Queens Road, Brighton. By 1926 the club’s headquarters had moved to the Elephant and Castle pub at the corner of London Road and Francis Street. Well into our second century, the club is larger than ever and still extremely active, we now meet every weekend at the Garden Cafe in St Anne’s Well Gardens.

The 1894 model N+1 from old bike museum