Brighton Mitre 2022 Spring training camp
- For social riders and racing snakes, girls and boys , new members and old lags, the more the merrier!
- Port de Pollenca, Mallorca, Spain
- Wednesday 30th March to Wednesday 6th April 2022
- Estimated £350 Excluding flights and bike box/hire ( you can just rent). ( but including a fab excursion, transfers and a serious last night bash – probably)
- £150 deposit to secure your place
- Once I have your name and a commitment – the moneyman will invoice you 😉
- 6 nights and 7 days riding
- Port de Pollenca – best location for cycling Mallorca’s famous routes and iconic climbs
- Half board at the four star aparthotel duva (see below)
- The price is based upon two people sharing a twin bed apartment ( Single use available but its extra obvs.)
- Use of the hotels fitness and spa centre
- Secure bike storage
- A different route for everyday with GPX /TCX supplied
- A brilliant week with your mitre mates old and new
- We will be self guiding
- Routes to Include Sa Colabra, Cap de Formentor, Tramuntana coast road, Coll de Femenia and Puig Major, Coll de Soller and probably the flat route out to one of the Monasteries perched on the top of a hill. Might even make a trip to the velodrome. There are 100s of routes tbf.
- All routes to include coffee stops and beer stops obvs.
Possible Optional EXTRAS
- Bus-out-ride-back ride from Andratx to Pollenca 115km 2400m climbing – the best bit of the Mallorca 312 in reverse (Transport arranged to start ) note there are many easier ways than the full 2400m – Maybe we do this right way and get collected in Andratx
- A gravel day out – rent a gravel bike for a day and try one of the gravel routes.
- Book your own !
- Transfers for people and bikes will be included to match the following flights
- You are ofcourse welcome to get your own flights but travelling with a bike can be expensive on your own compared to the fun bus
- Flying out earlyish Wednesday 30th March to catch our transfer leaving PMI at midday
- this allows for bike fettling and trip to light house on day one
- Flying back Evening Wednesday 6th April – transfer leaves hotel late afternoon
- Allows for a last ride before packing up and afternoon beers before coach takes you to the airport
Whats different from last time
- Brexit issues replaced by Covid issues
- All costs and dates are dependent on sufficient numbers and fx rates etc.
- The hotel will not guarantee booking until the deposits are paid
- We must all book on the same flight to secure the transfer (arrive on a different plane you are on your own)
- Pay £99 initially to secure your place.
- This is being facilitated by the club – we’re not a tour operator
What DO YOU NEED TO DO
- Pay your deposit (if required)
- Book your flights
- Deliberate about Bike Box / Rental Dilemna
- Sort out how you are getting to / from LGW
- Start sneaky pre training camp training rides
- Tell me if you want to come social @ brightonmitre.co.uk
ApartHotel Duva 2 sharing twin bed apartments
In the beautiful surroundings in Pollensa at the base of the Tramuntana mountain range is situated in a ideally area for CYCLISTS.
The gardens, terraces, swimming pools, bars and restaurants, together with the health & beauty facilities of our SPA, plus the gym and the 3 tennis courts and 3 glass paddle courts, makes for one of the best choices for personal care in the Port of Pollensa.
Our complex is a destination for people who appreciate a family environment, good food, and personalised treatment.
The bright and comfortable reception, invites you to use of all the different areas and services and it encourages you to explore the attractive gardens of our peaceful setting.
Our security facilities includes: special repairing & cleaning area, 10 separate storage cages (20 bikes x cage) with a total capacity of 300 bicycle, CCTV, washing machine & drier.
Cycling & routing backup services. Self service nutritional buffet & Sportive massage service. Our location in the outskirts of the town with plenty availability of parking let you keep secured all your vehicle and items.
Prices for cyclist groups include the use of our CLUB DUVA FITNESS & SPA CENTER, open all year around, where is an indoor pool, jaccuzi, sauna, steam bath, static cycling room, aerobic, pilates, tennis & paddle courts.
All our apartments are designed to comfortably accommodate 2 persons, with secure electronic keys, programmable safety deposit box, direct telephone, satellite TV, radio and music channel, air conditioning and heating, furnished terraces with good views, kitchenette with electric hob, microwave, toaster, teapot, complete dinner service set, fridge/freezer, complete bathroom, plus hair dryer and cosmetic mirror. We satisfy all your requests on hand, with a professional 24 hour a day reception service.
Gallery – Photos from last year and Mallorca 312 – click to enlarge
Yes there are a few pictures of yours truly in the gallery