The Christmas Bumper edition no less
A trip to see the climbers bounce over the cobbles
Friday 13th July
Catch the overnight ferry from Newhaven to Dieppe
Drive to Lille near the route of the TDF to Roubaix
Book in to hotel
Go for a 50 mile ride along the route where possible
Evening meal and a sneaky Leffe
Ride to Mons-en-Pevele to watch race
Compare bidons, photos, sunburn and tour swag
Ride back to cars and drive to Dieppe to catch evening ferry or Eurotunnel
It’s a way off but nows the time to book the hotel and transport
Need volunteers with cars
Working on a 2 share room 4 share car basis contribute to petrol and overseas insurance if required
costs to be around £50-£60 each plus whatever you eat drink – plus buy beers for car driver ( not when they are driving btw)
If your interested let Tony know
Just because it is cold dark and icy doesn’t mean club rides are not on.
Assuming you have a turbo trainer then Zwift is relatively straight forward.
A “smart” turbo trainer is really what Zwift was designed for, increasing resistance for hills and reducing the load when drafting.
Quite realistic for a virtual world, if that makes any sense.
A free 25KM trial is available
INSTRUCTIONS To Join the club ride ( Thursday 19:25 )
When all set up and on Zwift…
- Go to ‘events’ in the mobile app or by logging in online.
- Scroll down to 1925 BMCC Club ride
- click ‘join’
- it will ask if you want to set a reminder. – err yes
- You may want to warm up for a few minutes
- Then when the time comes, hop on your bike, log in and select ‘ride’ and it will pop up and ask if you want to ride the event you’ve joined.
- You are then placed in a holding pier with everyone else on a virtual turbo until it’s time to go.
- If you are late you can still join. Just make sure you are pedalling fast when it drops you into the bunch or else you will fly right out the back
- Enjoy it
Essentials: Towel, Electric Fan, Drinks, Understanding neighbours
The associated app is quite good
For keyboard warriors:
F1 stick out elbow F3 shout "ride on" and cringe slightly F7 shout "I'm toast" - clearly if you can key F7 your not F8 bike bell (aww) F10 Screen capture - to go on Strava probably Number keys 3 first person shooter view 8 Helicopter view Other keys M Group message ( for messages such as "please wait for me") SpaceBar use the power up thingy ( to go faster)
- If you’ve booked – food options need selecting today – yes today please -or I choose for you
- If you havn’t booked – why not – the cafe will be full to bursting with 50 revelers so a good night is on the cards – I will have to close the bookings tonight
By popular demand kit shops are now open for regular and hi viz kit using respective links below.
Please order and pay on the websites.
🦌🦌🦌Get your orders in in time for Christmas.🦌🦌🦌
BMCC Kit Kid