- Take place every Saturday
- Rides are offered at 22, 24, 27 and 30kmh usually with a long and a short option
- Sign up via Love Admin between Monday and Friday lunchtime the week before
- No limit on numbers as these rides are self-led
- Groups are contacted via email on Friday and then need to set their own meet place/time
- Take place 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month
- Rides offered to non-members are CATi and Steady Social
- Limited to groups of six as these are led rides
- Members only ride following the CATi course at 22kmh guide pace
- No limit on numbers as this ride is self-led
- Sign up via Love Admin up until the Friday before
- Groups contacted via email on Friday with details of meet place/time
Thursday Pub Ride
Slightly more complicated…
In normal times, anyone wanting to ride on a Thursday evening would meet at Hill Top Café at 6.30. Everyone would ride on the road and there would be one or two groups depending on speed and numbers. A pub would be agreed where those wishing to do so, could convene at the end of the ride for a drink. Simple.
More complicated now as most pubs require a booking which is limited to a group of six so it’s no longer possible to make a casual arrangement to meet in an undefined group size at a particular pub. For this reason, many people are, understandably, making their own arrangements to meet in a group of six and ride before going to a pre-booked pub. It’s also now common for people to go off road instead of on road.
The best I can suggest is that anyone wanting to ride on a Thursday, who isn’t already in a group of six, posts on Facebook of their intention to ride, where they want to meet and whether they are riding on or off road. Hopefully there will then always be a reasonable number of people with whom members can ride but obviously I can’t guarantee that this will be the case. As far as pub bookings go for this format…answers on a postcard maybe as I don’t have the answer. I imagine that it will become easier to turn up on spec at a pub from May 17th, when indoor spaces are once again in use, so bookings will no longer be required.
Hope that helps.